The University of Veterinary Medicine seeks students with appropriate academic qualifications, good command of English, and strong motivation to study and practice veterinary medicine. Letters of recommendation can also be enclosed. The entrance examinations gain to test (in oral or written form) competency in the English language, also in relation to the academic subjects, which are Biology and Chemistry.
Application form and all supporting materials should be presented by February 15 for the first round of examinations, and by April 30 for the second round to the officially appointed representative of the School in your country (see list of representatives at www.studyhungary.hu) or directly to Faculty of Veterinary Science (English Secretariat, H-1400 Budapest, P.O. Box 2, Hungary).In case of vacancies further applications are also welcome until mid-September.
1. Completed Application Form with a certificate showing the payment of the Application Fee of EUR 200 (non-refundable). In case the entrance examination is taken outside Hungary information about the Examination Fee will be given by the officially appointed representative of the school. Examination Fee in Budapest is EUR 250 (non-refundable after May 1).
2. Secondary School Leaving Certification from an accredited secondary school. The school leaving certificate is a necessary prerequisite for starting the studies. Those who are in the last year of their secondary school studies by the application deadline can also apply but only with the obligation to produce their certifications before registration to the University.
3. Curriculum Vitae in English.
4. Medical Certificate. Certification of physical and mental capability of the applicant issued by a general practitioner.
5. Signed Photographs. Three passport size photos – please, indicate your name on the rear.
6. Copy of Passport with your personal data.
7. Letters of Recommendation are welcome. Letters in English from secondary school principal or science instructors are preferred. Particularly valuable are letters of recommendation from persons who studied at or graduated from our school.
Transfer from other Universities
The University of Veterinary Medicine, Budapest, as a member of the international academic community recognizes studies at other accredited Universities from any part of the world particularly if these included natural sciences. Accordingly, applicants who have completed a section of the curriculum at another University in any field of science might be admitted upon the study of the submitted material (transcripts and references) without an entrance examination! Subjects of previous studies identical or similar to those contained by our veterinary curriculum can be applied for acceptance. Preliminary evaluation is made also on the basis of submitted copies. However, original syllabi of your previous/ present studies indicating the content of the course, the number of classes and credits earned has to be sent by your school directly to the Student’s Secretariat in Budapest within 3 months. If a sufficient number of exemptions are approved, the time of studies can be shortened and – if prerequisites are met – a start in February may also be possible. Please note: prior to entering the 3rd year of the Budapest-curriculum all exams from the previous two years have to be passed! Courses you are exempted from will be marked as such on your record, i.e. without a grade or credit point.
After the University reviews the application materials and determines that the applicant appears qualified and potentially able to complete the program, arrangements for an entrance examination (alternatively chosen by the applicant: written multiple choice test + interview / oral exam + interview) will be made. The examination will test competency in the English language also in relation to the academic subjects, which are Biology and Chemistry. Examinations are arranged in Europe, the United States and Asia between March and July. Applicants will be notified about the place and exact date of the examination by the local representative (see www.studyhungary.hu) or by College International. Further rounds of entrance examinations will be organized in August depending on the number of vacancies.
The evaluation of the Entrance Examinations will be made by the University Board on the spot of the competitive entrance exam or within a couple of days. Decision about transfer applications are made at the beginning of each month. Applicants will be notified within two weeks about the decision of the Board. Once admitted, the Student Secretariat will provide you all necessary documents for the student visa and loan application in your home country. The admission is valid only to begin studies in the academic year you applied for.
Further exemptions from the entrance examination
In addition to transfers from other universities exemption from the entrance examination can be obtained if an equivalent of the British A-level certificate can be produced with high scores in Biology and Chemistry. If only one of these subjects has satisfactorily been completed an entrance examination from the other subject only is possible. Moreover, the basic study section of French veterinary schools (“Classe Preparatoire BCPST”) also entitles the applicant to be accepted without an entrance examination.
Application Pre-Medical (veterinary) Program
This program, organized by McDaniel College Budapest Campus, is arranged for students who require additional instruction or review in sciences and English to prepare them to take the entrance examination for admission into the regular degree program in Veterinary Medicine. It must be understood that completion of this program does not imply or assure admission to the degree program at the Faculty of Veterinary Science. Please, contact us at email@example.com for a detailed brochure.