UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE BUDAPEST’S ETHICS GUIDELINES DURING THE EPIDEMIC
The present Ethics Guidelines aims to guide our university’s students and colleagues during COVID-19 pandemic, in addition to the current mandatory ordinances of the Hungarian Government and the city of Budapest as well as the Rector’s instructions in effect at UVMB. The following behaviors contribute to curb the pandemic and to ensure continuous education, research, and other work at our university.
It is our common task and responsibility to slow down the spread of the epidemic, thus protecting our own health as well as that of all our fellow citizen, and at the same time ensuring the operation of the university. As university citizens, we must set an example by our behavior in handling the epidemic, to which you can contribute by observing the following points:
- Avoid larger events, venues involving close contact, especially clubs and indoor restaurants. Pay special attention to keeping the prescribed safety distance in public spaces as well.
- In addition to the statutory obligation, please wear a mask in all closed and open places outside the university where the number of people present, and the nature of the place requires it.
- Depending on the type, masks should be changed or washed daily.
- During personal meetings, avoid greeting forms involving direct contact and follow the rules of polite distance-keeping.
- Protect your older relatives: please wear a mask and keep a distance of at least 2 meters when meeting them.
- In addition to general hygiene standards, please pay special attention to regular, hourly hand disinfection and the correct washing technique. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are provided on an ongoing basis in all university buildings.
Adherence to the above points will help to ensure that education at UVMB continues to be uninterrupted at the highest possible level, adapted to the epidemiological situation.