Default view


Dear Students!

We would like to inform you about the latest news regarding vaccination opportunities in Hungary. The university won’t be able to organise a vaccination at the campus in August (due to government administrative and logistical reasons), but since you can register and book an appointment now for the vaccination on the government site, we kindly ask you to do so, if you can’t get the vaccination in your home country before the beginning of the semester.

To obtain the vaccine, first you need to register on the following link:

Please be advised that the following details are needed to complete your registration:

No TAJ number is required for the registration.

  • Full name
  • Age
  • Email address and phone number
  • Residence permit number (9 digits in the right corner of the card) OR in case you have a registration card the personal identification number (11 digits on the back of your address card)
  • Passport number OR Personal identity document number
  • Address/place of residence (Hungarian address)

After registration, please be patient, there will be more details shared about the process of vaccination and how and when you can get it. It will happen soon.

You can book appointments for Covid vaccinations after a successful registration in Hungary on the following page:

In Hungary there is no opportunity to only get a second dose of a vaccine, so please make sure to either get fully vaccinated in your home country or to get the full vaccination in Hungary.

Hungary accepts the following certificates:

  1. The bilingual, digital or printed Covid-certificate issued on request by a member state of the European Union is valid in every country of the EU and it is also automatically accepted in Hungary.
  2. The mutual acceptance of foreign immunity certificates is regulated in bilateral agreements between states. The consul service’s website lists these countries and shares the acceptable foreign sample documents:


If you do not have a certificate from the one’s mentioned above, you can apply for one in Hungary

Based on the amendment of the Government Decree 60/2021. (II. 12.) about the certification of protection against the coronavirus in effect from 28th of June, by certifying

  • a vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine – that is authorised in the European Union or Hungary and used for the vaccination of the population – out of Hungary*
  • recovering from the infection in any country,


the government office (Kormányablak) will issue the immunity certificate free of charge at the request of the Hungarian or foreign citizens legally being in Hungary more than 90 days within 180 days (almost every international student) in person or electronically within 15 days.

An application to issue a DCC can only be submitted in person at any government office (Kormányablak).

Necessary documents:

  1. certificate of the vaccination in Hungarian or English issued by a foreign authority or the healthcare provider performing the vaccination OR an authentic Hungarian translation of the certificate in another foreign language, including the type of vaccine, the date and place of vaccination.
  2. personal identification data,
  3. the document identifier of his / her official identity card,
  4. the postal address (address to post the security certificate)
  5. if available, the number of the TAJ.


Some examples of the closest offices:

VIII. district: Budapest, Kerepesi út 2, 1087 (Keleti train station)

VII. district:  Budapest, Erzsébet krt. 6, 1073

VI. district:   Budapest, Andrássy út 55, 1062

V. district:    Budapest, Erzsébet tér 2-3, 1051


In case you have received the vaccines in your country, but

a) the vaccines are not allowed by the EU or Hungary or

b)the certificate issued in your country is not acceptable in Hungary,

you can take a serological test in order to be issued with an immunity certificate. After the test, you can apply for the certificate through Kormányablak, presenting the result of your serological test and its invoice. This type of immunity certificate is valid for 4 months.


*in one of the following countries:

Member States of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Croatia, Ireland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia

Candidate countries of the European Union: Albania, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey

Member countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD): Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, South Korea, United Kingdom, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Canada, Colombia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Luxembourg, Hungary, Mexico, Germany, Norway, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, New Zealand

Member States of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO): Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, United States, United Kingdom, Northern Macedonia, Estonia, France, Greece, Netherlands, Croatia, Iceland, Canada, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania , Luxembourg, Hungary, Montenegro, Germany, Norway, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey

Member States of the Cooperation Council of the Turkish-speaking States: Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Uzbekistan

In addition, in the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain and in a country specified in a decree of the Minister of Foreign Affairs in agreement with the Minister of Public Security.