- Vet EN
A N N O U N C E M E N T – ELECTIVE COURSE
For inactive and active 3rd, 4th and 5th year students in veterinary medicine
MODERN DOG AND CAT BREEDING
(15 lectures / 2 credits)
Aim of this course is to present some of the latest developments in canine and feline breeding and genetics, including colour diversity and inheritance, breeding and mating systems, genomics and revealed molecular genetic diseases.
Our meetings will start once a week on Tuesdays from 18.00 pm (or from 17.00 pm if it suits for all of us) in the lecture hall of “Animal Breeding”
Prof. László ZÖLDÁG
Held in 5 modules (5 × 3 hours)
- 1-2-3 lessons (Sept 24, 2014): Breed diversity and coat colour genetics of dogs and cats.
- 4-5-6 lessons (Oct 1, 2014): Canine and feline mating and breeding systems, reproduction.
- 7-8-9 lessons (Oct 8, 2014): Canine genomics, most significant hereditary diseases.
- 10-11-12 lessons (Oct 15, 2014): Feline genomics, most significant hereditary diseases.
- 13-14-15 lessons (Oct 22, 2014): Consultation, written exam (test).
Writen test to evaluate the course.
Responsible lecturer: Dr. Zöldág László professor
Prerequisites: Veterinary Genetics, Animal Breeding (from the 6th semester).