Method of evaluation
Year in the curriculum
Semester in the curriculum
- Vet EN
Description of the course:
- Sport physiology, the importance of fluid and eletrolyte homeostasis, prevention of dehyration, composition of optimal diet
- Pain killers and antiinflammatory agents in sport injury. Non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs and corticosteroids in joint pains.
- The cardioprotective effect of physical excercise, the prevention and supplemental therapy of hyperlipidaemia
- The role of physical excercise in prevention of metabolic diseases. The supplemental treatment of II. type diabetes mellitus
- Case studies of application for cardiovascular drugs, hormonal substances and agents responsible for modulation of metabolism
- Physical and mental performance enhancers, development of dependency in case of psychostimulants’ application, prohibited list (WADA), veterinary aspects.
- The effects and adverse effects of nutrition, drugs, dietary supplements and herbal products on general health conditions and amateur/professional human and animal sport performance.
Erzsébet Pásztiné Gere PhD