- Vet HU
- Vet EN
General aims of the course:
The high level of equestrian sports practiced nowadays and the increasing equine industry demands for exceptional performance of the equine athlete resulted the establishment of a reltively new discipline: the equine sport medicine. Equine exercise physiology and sports medicine has developed to a distinct spcific discipline within the international veterinary medicine. All students graduating with the interest towards equine species must have an absolute insight to this topic.
Minimal previous course requirements: Phyisology, clinicopathology, internal medicine diagnostics, nutrition, animal breeding
Responsible lecturer: Korbacska-Kutasi Orsolya
- The horse as an athlete.
- Equestrian sports, horse racing.
- Assessing fitness and health.
- Exercise testing in horses.
- Treadmill examination.
- Testing under the rider.
- Performance limiting medical disorders.
- Performance limiting orthopedic disorders.
- Training and overtraining in horses.
- Dietary management of the equine athlete.
- Are there any indicators in foals which can be used to predict future performance.
Practical lessons theme
- Practice: poor performance case evaluations