Dr. Fekete Sándor György
Doctor of Science (DSc)
+361 478 4250
+361 478 4100 / 8651
+361 478 4124
Building J III. Floor 314
CURRICULUM VITAE OF UNIV. PROF SÁNDOR GYÖRGY FEKETE
1974 DVM (Univ. Vet. Sci. Budapest):with the distinction “Sub auspiciis rei publici popularis”
1983 Veterinary specialist on animal hygiene (Fachtierarzt)
1987 CSc (~PhD) of Agricultural Sciences; Nutrition (Moscow-Budapest): “Study of the most important endogen and exogenous factors, influencing the digestibility of nutrients at the rabbit”.
1986 Specialist of biostatistical methods.
1987 One-month course of the “Integrated Livestock Program” (Belgium)
1987 Psychology of personality treatment (Budapest, 1 year)
1993 6-week-long FAO training on project formulation (Rome).
1997 Széchenyi Professorship
2002 3-week long training course on animal ethics (International Bioethics
2004 Doctor of Hungarian Academy of Sciences (veterinary science): Relationships of feeding with the body composition, health status, productive and reproductive performance of animal.
1972-1974: member of the Scientific Circle of Students (pathology)
1974-1976: country veterinary practitioner in Hungary (mixed practice).
In the meantime (in 1975) as internist 4 months at the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology of the University of Veterinary Science of Budapest
1976: Department of Animal Nutrition of the University of Veterinary Science of Budapest, first as an assistant, later as an associate professor and
1991: full professor and head of the department
1998-2004: chairman of the merged Institute of Animal Breeding and Nutrition and Laboratory Animal Science of Faculty of Veterinary Science Budapest (and head of the Unit of Animal Feeding and Nutrition), Szent-István University.
2004: head of the Laboratory Animal Science Unit of the Institute of Animal Breeding and Nutrition and Laboratory Animal Science of Faculty of Veterinary Science Budapest, Szent-István University.
– 1979: Institute National de la Recherche Agronomique studying rabbit’s nutritional and pathological questions: 4 months (supervisor: Fraçois Lebas)
– In 1990 research worked in Davis (CA, USA) at the Department of Animal Science (body composition): 3 months (supervisor: Garrett, W. N. and Dan L. Brown)
– In 2006: sabbatical, 4 months in Brigham Young Univ. (Provo, UT, USA), and 1 months in the Cornell Univ. (Ithaca, NY, USA). To develop and present the new interdisciplinar subject Holistic Animal Science
– In 2011 sabbatical, 5 months as a Fulbright visiting prof., in Cornell Uni, Ithaca, NY, USA giving seminars in Holistic Animal Science and carrying bioacoustics experiments.
RESPONSIBILITY IN TENURE TRACK: controlling, organizing and lecturing in Futtermittelkunde and Laboratory Animal Science and partly lecturing and examining in
– Laboratory Animal Science and Bioethics (obligatory from 2007:for graduate students of Hungarian and English Class (15 h theory 8 h practical)
– Labortierkunde for graduate students of German classes (optional, 15 hours)
– Laboratory Animal Science and Experimental Design for Hungarian and English speaking PhD students: 80 hours/hears (EU-accepted C-level certificate in Animal Experimentation).
– Models in experimentations for PhD students of Hungarian and English classes (elective , 15 hours)
– Veterinary Nutrition and Dietetics for graduate students of Hungarian and English classes (selected topics of the total 75 theoretical end 60 practical hours)
– Futtermittelkunde for graduate students of German classes (selected topics of 30 h theory 15 h practical)
– Companion Animal Dietetics for graduate students of Hungarian and English class (elective, 25 hours)
– Hot topics of human nutrition for graduate