REGISTRATION for English Program Freshmen 2023/24:
timing and location:
30th August, Wednesday, 12.00 (noon) at Aula Maxima (downstairs of Building H).
You need to bring with you: missing documents (original secondary school leaving certificate, 3 passport-sized photoes, medical reports etc.) The orientation day and registration may take 2-3 hours!
You can join to the Freshmen 2023 Facebook groups:
Sightseeing boat-trip on River Danube on 31st of August (under update):
invitation card: Boat-Trip-Invitation-2023
Presentation on the orientation (30th Aug. 2023):
Freshmen documents for August 2023 entry: (update on 16th of June 2023)
There are 4 documents to fill out, sign and send via email to [Click to see email] / submit to us in person at registration:
What course to pick (under update): What-courses-to-sign-up_fall-term-2023_24
Neptun enrollment guide (under update): Neptun enrollment and (subject) registration guide 2023 upd
(Freshmen 2023 also need to do these administrative steps in Neptun, also the online registration required despite their registration in person on the 30th of August)
Residence permit application for 2023 September entry:
online pre-application for the Enterhungary site:
Residence permit application_Exemption from paying the administration fee (for Stipendium Hungaricum students etc.)
extra information papers we provide for Freshmen especially:
Freshmen workshops are going to be held (highly recommended) on 1st September, Friday morning:
- Adjustment to medical school.
- Learning techniques tips.
- Exams and academic stress.
- Bullying and mobbing concerns.
- Ethical norms and behaviors.
Student mental health counselor & SAM-buddy prog. coordinator
more info: at registration on 30th August!
Student Support Service information: Counseling Services info sheet
Recommended books for the subjects of year 3-4-5: you can find information under https://univet.hu/en/education/courses/
at the description of each subjects.
Website of the uni bookstore: https://www.a3shop.hu/
Anatomy EN 2023 – information from our Professor
Timetable fall 2023/24: Year-1-Timetable-2023_24-Winter-Semester
Elective (optional) course list fall 2023/24 (under update): electives fall 2023
Exam regulations 2023/24: Students Guide 2023 0807
What subjects will you study? Curriculum of the core subjects + optional subjects
Please note: according to the ECTS credit-system, in each semester you can collect 30 ECTS/term (27 ECTS from core subjects + 3 ECTS from optional subjects)!
Welcome to the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest!
This newsletter is intended for those arriving in the academic year 2023/24. We are looking forward to seeing you at our campus and hope your next 5 and a half years will be unforgettable and full of new experiences.
In the following newsletter, we would like to give you some important information about things you need to do back at home, also in Hungary before we meet each other in Budapest.
Things to do back home
- Please arrange a basic medical insurance and/or ask for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you wish to purchase the medical insurance through the university, please visit our Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest (LINK).
- You can find a list of recommended textbooks above. You may purchase them at our bookstore in Building G. Their email address is: [Click to see email].
- You will need two white lab-coats and you might find it more convenient to bring them along from home. You also have the chance to order these coats from student service organisations who will be present on your Orientation Day.
- Please do memorize your registration number found on the top of the acceptance letter (Reg.No.: XXXX / E). You might be asked for it to identify yourself when submitting a paper. If not addressed by your name this student code number will be used for identification at the campus, e.g. when publishing results of mid-terms. Do not share it widely since you would probably prefer to keep it private.
- Please do pack some light, but elegant dress for the ceremonial opening of the Academic Year (if you wish to attend). Dress code: elegant.
Orientation Day – 30th August 2023, at noon (12.00) Wednesday at AULA MAXIMA (Bldg. H, groundfloor)
The Orientation day will be held in person on 30th August, Wednesday. At the Orientation Day you will receive from us the followings:
- Your Students’ Guide – This booklet contains information like the timing of the Academic Year, the Exam Regulations, the Curriculum, the availability of Departments and teaching staff relevant for international students.
- Your weekly timetable, indicating both lectures and practical classes Monday – Friday according to study-groups.
- List of available Elective courses for the 1st year for the fall-term of 2023/24. Please note: 3 ECTS / term from electives is necessary (or collection of 30 ECTS in 10 semesters in general) prior to start the 11th semester!
- Your code to enter NEPTUN-system, used e.g. to apply for a student card, get registered for courses, exams, and check published exam-results.
- You will receive two copies of a document, certifying in English and Hungarian that you are a regular student at our school. One of these is for the Immigration Office as you apply for the (kind of) residence permit, the other one might be used e.g. back home for tax-purposes.
- Freshmen week and other free time programs, student support service
Student Well-being Program is managed by a program coordinator. She assists in the communication, documentation, and feedback process between the student and the University.
The program’s official platform is on the „Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest” Site. Click on this page (LINK) if you have any questions, related to your UVMB studies and life in Hungary. We are striving to provide you with useful information about your administrative duties, mental and educational aids, campus free time activities and useful links.
Other details coming soon!
We wish you a successful Academic Year!