Freshmen 2022 Facebook group:
Presentation on the orientation:
will be uploaded here:
Freshmen documents for September 2022 entry:
There are 3 documents to fill out, sign and send via email to [Click to see email] / submit to us in person at registration:
extra information papers we provide for Freshmen especially:
Student Support Service information: Counseling Services info sheet
Timetable fall 2022/23: will be uploaded here
Elective (optional) course list fall 2022/23: will be uploaded here
Welcome to the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest!
This newsletter is intended for those arriving in the academic year 2022/23. We are looking forward to seeing you at our campus and hope your next 5 and a half years will be unforgettable and full of new experiences.
In the following newsletter, we would like to give you some important information about things you need to do back at home, also in Hungary before we meet each other in Budapest.
Things to do back home
- Please arrange a basic medical insurance and/or ask for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you wish to purchase the medical insurance through the university, please visit our Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest (LINK).
- You can find a list of recommended textbooks above. You may purchase them at our bookstore in Building G. Their email address is: [Click to see email].
- You will need two white lab-coats and you might find it more convenient to bring them along from home. You also have the chance to order these coats from student service organisations who will be present on your Orientation Day.
- Please do memorize your registration number found on the top of the acceptance letter (Reg.No.: XXXX / E). You might be asked for it to identify yourself when submitting a paper. If not addressed by your name this student code number will be used for identification at the campus, e.g. when publishing results of mid-terms. Do not share it widely since you would probably prefer to keep it private.
- Please do pack some light, but elegant dress for the ceremonial opening of the Academic Year (if you wish to attend). Dress code: elegant.
Orientation Day – 6th September 2022, at noon (12.00) Tuesday
The Orientation day will be held in person on 6th September, Tuesday. At the Orientation Day you will receive from us the followings:
- Your Students’ Guide – This booklet contains information like the timing of the Academic Year, the Exam Regulations, the Curriculum, the availability of Departments and teaching staff relevant for international students.
- Your weekly timetable, indicating both lectures and practical classes Monday – Friday according to study-groups.
- List of available Elective courses for the 1st year for the fall-term of 2022/23. Please note: 3 ECTS / term from electives is necessary (or collection of 30 ECTS in 10 semesters in general) prior to start the 11th semester!
- Your code to enter NEPTUN-system, used e.g. to apply for a student card, get registered for courses, exams, and check published exam-results.
- You will receive two copies of a document, certifying in English and Hungarian that you are a regular student at our school. One of these is for the Immigration Office as you apply for the (kind of) residence permit, the other one might be used e.g. back home for tax-purposes.
- Freshmen week and other free time programs, student support service
Student Well-being Program is managed by a program coordinator. She assists in the communication, documentation, and feedback process between the student and the University.
The program’s official platform is on the „Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest” Site. Click on this page (LINK) if you have any questions, related to your UVMB studies and life in Hungary. We are striving to provide you with useful information about your administrative duties, mental and educational aids, campus free time activities and useful links.
Other details coming soon!
We wish you a successful Academic Year!