Freshmen documents for September 2021 entry:
to fill out, sign and send via email to [Click to see email] / submit to us in person at registration:
extra information papers:
Video on the orientation / registration will be uploaded here!
Boat trip has been cancelled due to the pandemic!
Welcome to the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest!
This newsletter is intended for those arriving in the academic year 2020/21. We are looking forward to seeing you at our campus and hope your next 5 and a half years will be unforgettable and full of new experiences.
In the following newsletter, we would like to give you some important information about things you need to do back at home, also in Hungary before we meet each other in Budapest.
Bank account number change
The University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest changed its bank account number on 1st August.
Please be sure to use the correct bank account number for your payments.
Things to do back home
- Please arrange a basic medical insurance and/or ask for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you wish to purchase the medical insurance through the university, please visit our Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest (LINK).
- You can find a list of recommended textbooks here. You may purchase them at our bookstore in Building G.
- You will need two white lab-coats and you might find it more convenient to bring them along from home. You also have the chance to order these coats from student service organisations who will be present on your Orientation Day.
- Please do memorize your registration number found on the top of the acceptance letter (Reg.No.: XXXX / E). You might be asked for it to identify yourself when submitting a paper. If not addressed by your name this student code number will be used for identification at the campus, e.g. when publishing results of mid-terms. Do not share it widely since you would probably prefer to keep it private.
- Please do pack some light, but elegant dress for the ceremonial opening of the Academic Year (if you wish to attend). Dress code: elegant.
Orientation Day – 2 September 2020
The Orientation day will be held either offline or online, depending on the pandemic situation in Hungary. At the Orientation Day you will receive from us the followings:
- Your Students’ Guide – This booklet contains information like the timing of the Academic Year, the Exam Regulations, the Curriculum, the availability of Departments and teaching staff relevant for international students.
- Your weekly timetable, indicating both lectures and practical classes Monday – Friday according to study-groups.
- Your code to enter NEPTUN-system, used e.g. to apply for a student card, get registered for courses, exams, and check published exam-results.
- You will receive two copies of a document, certifying in English and Hungarian that you are a regular student at our school. One of these is for the Immigration Office as you apply for the (kind of) residence permit, the other one might be used e.g. back home for tax-purposes.
- Freshmen week and other free time programs, student support services
- UVMB surprise gifts
Student Well-being Program is managed by a program coordinator. She assists in the communication, documentation, and feedback process between the student and the University.
The program’s official platform is on the „Student Support Services at UNIVET Budapest” Site. Click on this page (LINK) if you have any questions, related to your UVMB studies and life in Hungary. We are striving to provide you with useful information about your administrative duties, mental and educational aids, campus free time activities and useful links.
Other details coming soon!
We wish you a successful Academic Year!