Tekla Izsó graduated from the Faculty of Food Science of the Corvinus University of Budapest as a food engineer in 2014, and in 2016 she obtained an MSc in food safety and quality engineering. In 2016, she started working as a Strategic analyst at the National Food Chain Safety Office. There she conducted joint research with Szent István University in the framework of the Doctoral School of Food Science. In 2020, her research won the National Agricultural Talent Program’s scholarship. In 2021, She defended her doctoral dissertation entitled “Consumer perception of sour cream imitations’ quality in the comparison of the products regarding the aspects of food science and nutrition” with summa cum laude. Since January 2023, she has been working as a research fellow at the University.
Main research areas:
— Consumer and household targeted research in the field of food hygiene and food chain safety
— Food quality and sustainable food consumption
— Food waste prevention
— Risk communication in the field of food safety
— Consumer perception of imitation foods
Appointments and positions:
|Time frame||Name of institution||Position|
|2023-||University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest, Department of Food Hygiene||Research fellow|
|2017-2021||Szent István University, Doctoral School of Food Science, Department of Grain and Industrial Plant Processing||PhD student|
|2016-2022||National Food Chain Safety Office, Directorate for Risk Management||Strategic analyst|
|2014-2016||Corvinus University of Budapest, Faculty of Food Science||Demonstrator and research assistant|
Publication list (Top10):
- Kasza, G., Szabó-Bódi, B., Lakner, Z., & Izsó, T. (2019). Balancing the desire to decrease food waste with requirements of food safety. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 84, 74-76.
- Møretrø, T., Nguyen-The, C., Didier, P., Maître, I., Izsó, T., Kasza, G., Skuland, S.E., Cardoso, M.J., Ferreira, V.B., Teixeira, P., Borda, D., Dumitrascu, L., Neagu, C., Nicolau, A.I., Anfruns-Estrada, E., Foden, M., Voysey, P. & Langsrud, S. (2021). Consumer practices and prevalence of Campylobacter, Salmonella and norovirus in kitchens from six European countries. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 347, 109172.
- Mihalache, O. A., Møretrø, T., Borda, D., Dumitraşcu, L., Neagu, C., Nguyen-The, C., Maître, I., Didier, P., Teixeira, P., Junqueira, L.O.L., Truninger., M., Izsó, T., Kasza, G., Skuland, S.E., Langsrud, S. & Nicolau, A. I. (2022). Kitchen layouts and consumers’ food hygiene practices: Ergonomics versus safety. Food control, 131, 108433.
- Eley, C., Lundgren, P. T., Kasza, G., Truninger, M., Brown, C., Hugues, V. L., Izsó, T., Teixeira, P., Syeda, R., Ferré, N., Kunszabó, A., Nunes, C., Hayes, C., Merakou, K. & McNulty, C. A. M. (2022). Teaching young consumers in Europe: a multicentre qualitative needs assessment with educators on food hygiene and food safety. Perspectives in public health, 142(3), 175-183.
- Syeda, R., Touboul Lundgren, P., Kasza, G., Truninger, M., Brown, C., Lacroix-Hugues, V., Izsó, T., Teixeira, P., Eley, C., Ferré, N., Kunszabo, A., Nunes, C., Hayes, C., Gennimata, D., Szakos, D., & McNulty, C. A. M. (2021). Young People’s Views on Food Hygiene and Food Safety: A Multicentre Qualitative Study. Education Sciences, 11(6), 261.
- Izsó, T., Szabó-Bódi, B., Somogyi, L., & Kasza, G. (2019). Consumers’ willingness to buy dairy product imitations (analogues) based on structural equation modelling. British Food Journal.
- Kasza, G., Izsó, T., Csenki, E. Z., Micsinai, A., Nyirő-Fekete, B., Urbányi, B., & Alpár, B. (2020). Assessment of dietary exposure and risk of DDT concerning freshwater fish aquaculture. Applied Sciences, 10(24), 9083.
- Santos-Ferreira, N., Alves, Â., Cardoso, M. J., Langsrud, S., Malheiro, A. R., Fernandes, R., Maia, R., Truninger, M., Junqueira, L., Nicolau, A.I., Dumitrașcu, L., Skuland, S.E., Kasza, G., Izsó, T., Ferreira, V. & Teixeira, P. (2021). Cross-contamination of lettuce with Campylobacter spp. via cooking salt during handling raw poultry. Plos one, 16(5), e0250980.
- Süth, M., Mikulka, P., Izsó, T., & Kasza, G. (2018). Possibilities of targeting in food chain safety risk communication. Acta Alimentaria, 47(3), 307-314.
- Bognár, L., Helik, F., Izsó, T., & Kasza, G. (2018). Studies on adulteration of goose foie gras assessed in the years 2015 and 2016 in Hungary-case reports. European Poultry Science, 82.